FEATURES OF LUXURY VINYL FLOORING
- Vinyl flooring has the look, graining, and character of real hardwood flooring
- The realism of the total look of a LVT floor is difficult to beat
- Slip resistant features
- Easy cleaning using nothing more than a damp mop. No expensive cleaners or special sealants
- Naturally water resistant if installed correctly by a qualified contractor
- Scratch, dent, stain and scuff resistant
- Unlike other “wood look” flooring, LVT’s are not noisy underfoot
- Vinyl floorings are most cost effective when compared to similar residential and commercial installations.
- Less tiring to stand on when compared to ceramic or hard tile floors
- Warm underfoot and retains warmth for longer than most other floors
Why Vinyl ?
The ability to replicate real hardwood using advanced photographic technologies is the foundation of LUXURY VINYL FLOORING (LVT) systems. There are distinct layers of materials fused together to produce this amazing product that will provide you with a floor surface that is virtually unmatched pricewise. The protective top layer (the wear layer) is very important to the durability of the product. Quality LVT flooring is available with wear layers from .20 mm to .55mm and is priced accordingly.
The biggest advantage of Vinyl Plank Flooring is the fact that it is 100 % water resistant. This makes it the ideal flooring option for areas such as kitchens and bathrooms and in fact any room in residential house or office areas. Vinyl Plank Flooring is very durable and most ranges have a commercial grade wear layers as well as glassfibre reinforcement. Vinyl Plank Flooring can be installed on virtually any subfloor, even tiles, with the thicker ranges (3mm) being more forgiving to imperfect subfloors. A good installer will ensure that the subfloor is correctly screeded and sanded prior to installation.Glued down Vinyl Plank Flooring is the recommended option in South Africa.Not only is it less costly but it also withstands South African weather conditions better than the Click ranges of Vinyl. The affordability, durability and natural wood look makes Vinyl Plank Flooring a great option for busy spaces without the price tag of authentic wood. Vinyl Plank Flooring is a long lasting product that will last up to 20 years or more.Once installed you will have a great floor that will last for years to come. Lastly and most importantly. The key to successful installation of Vinyl Plank Flooring lies beneath the flooring itself. Glued down Vinyl requires a correctly installed screed that is smooth and level. Any imperfections and flaws will show through as bumps and indentations detracting from its appearance. Using a professional contractor is most important to be assured of a floor that will enhance your home and of which you can be proud of. Vinyl Plank Flooring will change your lifestyle!!